Buying a puppy: Step by Step Guide
PuppyFor.Me has two offices, one in San Jose and one in Taiwan. We breed our puppies out of Taiwan, and sell to customers in Asia and North America (U.S. and Canada).
Browse our site to find the puppy you’d like to buy. Once you’ve done so, click the ‘Reserve Me’ button on the puppy of your choice place a $300 deposit via Paypal or credit card. Once you’ve done so, the puppy will be reserved for you. The puppy will be shipped out on or around the ‘Available’ date.
We provide free shipping to the following airports:
- Los Angeles (LAX) via China Airlines: 11201 Aviation Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
- San Francisco (SFO) via China Airlines: 648 W Field Rd, San Francisco, CA 94128.
- Seattle (SEA) via EVA Airlines: 16745 Air Cargo Road Seattle, WA 98158.
- Chicago (ORD) via EVA Airlines.
- New York (JFK) via China Airlines.
- Houston (IAH)
- Toronto (YYZ)
- Vancouver (YVR)
About 1-2 weeks before the arrival of your puppy, we will contact you to pay the remaining balance (including shipping fees, if any). We’ll also confirm your receiver information including name, phone number, and mailing address. The receiver will need to bring their ID to pick up your puppy from airport customs. Also, for China Airline flights they will call your phone number to confirm your acceptance of the puppy. It is important that you confirm or the puppy won’t be shipped. If you haven’t received this call 2 days prior to the puppy’s arrival, please contact us.
Once the flight info is confirmed, we will send you detailed instructions on where to pick up your puppy at your designated airport. We will also provide the airway bill.
At this point, you should start preparing for your puppy’s arrival by doing the following:
- Buy puppy supplies such as food (we prefer Royal Canine or Wellness Core Puppy Food), crate, playpen, etc.
- Schedule a vet health checkup for your new puppy within 2 days of arrival.
On the date and time your puppy lands, bring the following to the airport to pick up your puppy:
- The airway bill number.
- Administrative fee of $80.
- The receiver’s ID.
Meet your puppy and take her home!
Your puppy will be hungry and nervous in the new environment. As a result, she may be more susceptible to getting sick. To ensure this doesn’t happen, please do the following:
- Don’t give your puppy a bath right away. Wait about a week when she is more comfortable.
- Don’t take her outside right away, especially near other dogs. She might catch something from other sick dogs.
- Do take her to a vet within 2 days for a health checkup. Bring the vaccination and health certificates she came with so the vet knows what your puppy has already been vaccinated against.