Step by Step Guide to Buying a Puppy From Us
PuppyFor.Me has two offices, one in San Jose and one in Taiwan. We breed our puppies out of Taiwan, and sell to customers in Asia and North America (U.S. and Canada). You can learn more about us, and check out our Facebook Page and Instagram Account.
Look at our puppy listings and find the puppy you’re interested in. Check out their photos, videos (click on the play icon at the bottom left of the puppy’s photos), and profile info. For each puppy, we provide the following info:
- Birth Date – When the puppy was born.
- Sex – Male or female.
- Available – The date when the puppy will be available for you to take home. We ensure your puppy has gotten 2 vaccination shots (DHPPL), is de-wormed, and passes a full vet inspection before being delivered to you. The availability date is 2-3 months from the puppy’s birth date.
- Included: Everything that comes with the puppy when you take the puppy home. This typically includes:
1. Vaccination certificate, which includes proof of DHLPP shots (protects against Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza), de-worming, and flea and tick removal.
2. Health Certificate from a certified vet.
3. Microchip ID, which is permanently implanted under the puppy’s skin. The Microchip ID will be included in both the vaccination and health certificates. You can register the Microchip ID once you have him/her.
- Microchip ID: The unique microchip ID number of the puppy. The presence of this number ensures the puppy you see will be the same puppy you receive, as the microchip ID is permanently implanted into the back of the puppy’s neck and can be scanned and verified by a vet. Usually in the photos/videos you’ll also see a scan of the puppy’s microchip ID.
Once you’ve found the puppy you’d like, click the ‘Reserve Me’ button their profile page to place a $300 deposit. We accept credit cards and PayPal. The deposit goes towards the purchase price. Note that we are first come first served, so do not delay if you’ve found a puppy you like. We’ve had multiple instances when a customer waited and the puppy they wanted ended up getting bought by someone else.
We will send out an email to coordinate a pickup time for your puppy. If you’re nearby, then you just come by our San Jose home once the puppy is here, pay the remainder balance in cash, and take the puppy home. If you’re elsewhere, we will coordinate with you on the shipping time and costs (usually $300). We provide free shipping to the following airports in most cases:
- Los Angeles (LAX) via China Airlines: 11201 Aviation Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
- San Francisco (SFO) via China Airlines. You can pick up in our San Jose home.
- Seattle (SEA) via EVA Airlines: 16745 Air Cargo Road Seattle, WA 98158.
- Chicago (ORD) via EVA Airlines.
- New York (JFK) via China Airlines.
- Houston (IAH).
- Toronto (YYZ).
- Vancouver (YVR).
If you will be picking up the puppy in San Jose, then skip to Step 6. Otherwise continue reading.
About 1-2 weeks before the arrival of your puppy, after we’ve booked the puppy’s flight and provided the airway bill to you, we will ask you to pay the remaining balance (add 3% processing fee if paying via credit card or Paypal). If shipping by China Airlines, they will call you to confirm that you will accept the puppy. It is important that you confirm or the puppy won’t be shipped. If you haven’t received this call 2 days prior to the puppy’s arrival, please contact us.
On the date and time your puppy lands, bring the following to the airport to pick up your puppy.
- The airway bill number.
- Airport administrative fee of $80 in cash.
- The receiver’s ID.
Meet your puppy and take her home!
Your puppy will be hungry and nervous in the new environment. As a result, she may be more susceptible to getting sick. To ensure this doesn’t happen, please do the following:
- Don’t give your puppy a bath right away. Wait about a week when she is more comfortable.
- Don’t take her outside right away, especially near other dogs. She might catch something from other sick dogs.
- Do take her to a vet within 2 days for a health checkup. Bring the vaccination and health certificates she came with so the vet knows what your puppy has already been vaccinated against.
- Buy puppy supplies such as food (we prefer Royal Canine or Wellness Core Puppy Food), crate, playpen, etc.